Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Authors on YouTube: Part 1

Taking a hint from my last post, it got me thinking about the virtual world and the author. So, I'm going to take you along on my YouTube journey.

I've started out my YouTube author series with a couple of home video clips: here's one of them. With the YouTube attention span being about 30 seconds, I'm keeping the clips this length. There are many subjects readers might find interesting about a book -- so I've posted quick comments on aspects of the novel: in this case I'm talking about the protagonist in Darwin's Orphans, the novel I recently published.

It is enjoyable to talk about your book and you don't get nervous like you do in a crowded room of people staring at you. So, the video author experience has been pretty good so far. Next up, I'll expand the set of clips and do a bit more editing. After I reflect on these efforts, I'll explore how an author can broaden the view of such clips by exploring search and other linkages online.

Keep returning periodically for more on this series -- the first of its kind on this blog.

No comments: